-Company Partners with Kermit’s Key West Key Lime Shoppe to Give Free Pies and Slices in Miami and Key West-
(Miami, Fla.) – With statewide regulations for transportation network companies going into effect, Uber today announced the launch of their services in Key West at midnight on Saturday, July 1. Currently, the company operates throughout the rest of the Florida Keys.
“I’m thrilled that Uber’s first expansion after the statewide ridesharing law goes into effect will be in our own backyard,” said Sen. Anitere Flores (R-Miami). “Improving mobility throughout the Florida Keys is essential to helping strengthen our communities and economy. Uber has become a part of the fabric of Florida and I thank them for the work they do to increase transportation and access.”
“With Uber’s launch in Key West on Saturday, Florida Keys residents and visitors will now be able to more easily move throughout our communities,” said Rep. Holly Raschein (R-Key Largo). “Just as important, our local businesses will benefit from increased accessibility. In just a few short days no matter where you live or visit in Florida, you’ll have access to ridesharing and I’m proud Key West will be Uber’s first stop.”
“Uber could not be more thrilled to expand to Key West this coming weekend,” said Kasra Moshkani, General Manager, Uber Florida. “We thank the Key West community, local leaders, and businesses for their ongoing support. We look forward to helping make transportation safer and more efficient for all Keys residents and visitors alike.”
In anticipation of the July 4 holiday weekend, Uber will give away free Key lime pie, supplied from Kermit’s Key West Key Lime Shoppe, on Friday, June 30 to Miami and Key West app users.
How to Get Your Key Lime Pie in Miami:
- App users in the participating areas (map below – Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Downtown/Brickell, Kendall, and Miami Beach) can open the app on Friday, June 30, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tap on the Key lime pie card on the bottom of the screen.
- Request for your free Key Lime Pie.
- If available, you’ll receive an entire authentic Key lime pie delivered directly to your door!
How to Get Your Key Lime Pie Slice in Key West:
- Head to the Kermit’s Key West Key Lime Shoppe located at 200 Elizabeth Street, Key West, Florida 33040, on Friday, June 30 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Both Uber riders and drivers can participate.
- Simply show the downloaded Uber rider or driver app, and receive a free slice of chocolate covered Key lime pie while supplies last.
Never used Uber? Sign up with code FLAKeys for a free ride up to $20. First time users only. For more information on Uber Key West visit http://t.uber.com/KeyWestLaunch.
Uber is evolving the way Florida moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make communities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. To look at how Uber has been “Moving Florida” (#MovingFlorida) visit uber.com/info/florida.